Monday 19 May 2014

Watermelon summer dessert 西瓜盅

Last night, our friend Chef Joe made us a seafood dinner that served party of 26 people. We had 10 Lobsters, 40 shelled oysters, 4 lbs fresh clams, 3 lbs black tiger prawns and so on. This time I only responsible for dessert and to shop for all the dinner ingredients.

I made Tofu Cheesecake with pistachios that posted in last previous blog that I can made and prepared ahead. And I planned to make a Watermelon fruit dessert as well. Since we have 26 friends, we need a hugh watermelon to serve all. My husband helped me to buy a hugh watermelon from supermarket that I can barely carry it. It is 27 lbs watermelon. Woohoo!

You can add any fruits to it and add some syrup to it. This time I chose to add Dragon fruit, jelly grass and almond jelly to it!

Ingredient: Serve 20
1 Watermelon scoop into little balls or cut in little pieces (I use a 27 lbs this time)
2 2xDragon fruits (cut into little pieces)
3 One can of jelly grass (仙草/凉粉) (cut into small pieces)
4 One can of almond jelly (cut into small pieces)
5 pinch of salt
6 some water syrup

Directions:
1 Cut watermelon and scoop into little balls. If there are any watermelon left, blend it with watermelon juice and a little bit of syrup and become watermelon drinks.
2 Pour all the watermelon balls and dragon fruit pieces in large container. Add a pinch of salt and stir it (it can bring out the sweet taste of fruit). Then mix in jelly grass and almond jelly. Stir and mix well.
3 Then pour all fruits into the empty watermelon shell. Add syrup according to taste. Serves cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment