Thursday 29 May 2014

Vietnamese Crab and Tofu Soup 越式豆腐蟹湯

Today, I and my husband went to Surrey for a visit. I used to live in this city during my university years. I went shopping, went to groceries and did lots of stuffs there. We haven't been back after I graduated. During this short trip before picking up kids from school, we went back to the grocery store that I used to go. They built a new building beside the old one and it expanded. We were so excited. This supermarket is mainly served Vietnamese, some Indonesia, and some Thai groceries and ingredients. We bought a crab soup base and a pack of frozen swimming crab there. Fresh crabs are very expensive now. $12.99 or more per pound. This frozen crab package contains 6 small crabs. $11.99 per box. And tonight, I will add tofu, tofu puffs (豆腐卜), dried small shrimps (蝦米), egg and tomoatoes as well as crabs to make a crab soup.

Ingredients: serves 3-4
3 crabs
Crab soup base
4L water
1 pack of medium firm tofu (cut in big pieces)
5 pieces of tofu puffs (cut in half)
1 tomato (cut in big pieces)
10 mini dried shrimps
2 tsp white pepper
1 lime cut in half (optional)
2 eggs (whisked)

Directions
Wash and clean crabs. Chop in 2 or 4 pieces for each crab.
Boil water and add in crab soup base according to directions on package.
Once the soup boil, add in all ingredients except egg into the pot and boil for 10 mins.
Add whisk egg on top of soup and continue boil for 3 more minutes or until eggs are done.
Serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment