Wednesday 18 December 2013

Chewy Gingerbread man Cookies 聖誕軟薑餅人餅

This is the last week of school for my kids. My younger daughter wants me to make her class some gingerbread man cookies as X'mas gift for her buddies at class. I made Gingerbread Man cookie before but I always want to try a new recipe that has a chewy and soft texture. Here I found one from "Food.com"




Here is the recipe:
(Recipe said it makes 48 cookies, but I only made around 30 with my gingerbread man cutter.)
1 cup margarine (I use unsalted butter)
1 cup sugar ( I use brown sugar)
1 cup molasses
1/4 cup water
5 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ginger (or to taste)
1 tablespoon cinnamon (or to taste)
1 teaspoon allspice (or to taste) (I use nutmeg)

Directions:

1 Place margarine in large mixing bowl; soften it in a microwave for a few seconds.
2 Cream sugar and margarine; add molasses and water.
3 Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.
4 Add to the mixing bowl; mix together.
5 Let dough cool, covered, in freezer for at least one hour.
6 Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
7 Roll out dough; cut out with cookie cutters.
8 If the cookies are thin, bake for 6 minutes.
9 If cookies are thick, bake for 8 minutes.
10 Cookies will appear slightly underbaked but that's what makes them taste so good and chewy!
11 Cool cookies on a wire rack.
12 These cookies stand their own without frosting, but if you want to frost them, mix a cup of powdered sugar with a little water to make frosting. Draw a few accent lines or dots on the cookies.
 
Packed with labels
 
I use Holiday special Hershey's Chipits for the buttons and  store bought "Cake Mate" icing for the decoration.




No comments:

Post a Comment