Wednesday 30 October 2013

Royal Icing Canucks Jersey and logo


This week, 3 friends of mine are having their birthday over the weekend. 2 on Sundays and 1 on coming Monday. We will have hotpot party dinner for one of them. I am planning on making a napoleon cake. I did not have much idea on the decorations yet. What I can do ahead is to make some decorations that can place on any kind of cakes or cupcakes that I will going to make in the next few days. I make royal icing decorations this time. One of my friends like racquet sports, one of them like hockey especially Canucks! And one of them is an elegant lady. In this case, I pipe some tennis, badminton and squash racquets. Some Canucks jerseys and logos. And also some flowers. 




I place my galaxy tab under the parchment with picture of the jersey and logo.
Royal Icing crown recipe:

(makes 3 cups)
2 large (60g) pasteurized egg white
2 tsp fresh lemon juice (Pic 1)
3 cups (330g) icing sugar, sifted

Direction
In a bowl, beat egg whites with lemon juice until combined(Pic 2,3). Beat egg white until foam formed (Pic 4). Add the sifted icing sugar (Pic 5) and beat on low speed until combined and smooth (Pic 6). If icing is too thick, add a little water. If icing is too runny, add some icing sugar until the right consistency.

You can add food colour to icing now (Pic 7) or apply colour with airbrush later.

Tips: The icing needs to be used immediately or transferred to an airtight container as royal icing hardens when exposed to air. Cover with plastic wrap when not in use.

After air dry, my jerseys are all broken! x_x  The layer of royal icing is too thin. I will need to make it thicker next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment