Sunday 4 August 2013

Oyster and Cheese Spring roll 芝士蠔春卷

When I dine out, some restaurants serve this dish as appetizer. I and my husband love oysters especially those mini tiny ones that can be found in Hong Kong or Asia. Since that I am in Hong Kong now and we have helpers (maid) at home. It is a good time to try to make this dish. The reason that I did not do it in Canada is because I never deep fried food at home (just once or twice but I do not recommend to eat too many deep frying food at home). And if I use cooked big oysters and cut it small, it still have a chance become watery to wrap in Spring Roll when cook. But I think I will try to make that again in Canada. This tastes good and it is simple and easy to do.

Ingredients:
Spring roll sheets
Mini Oysters
white pepper
Cheese (mozzerella) 4-5 slices
1 egg white
Black pepper
Salt

Directions
Wash oysters with corn flour.
Cook oysters in boiling water with 1/1 Tbsp white pepper
Drain and dry cooked oysters.
Cut cheese into small pieces. (Or you can use shredded cheese)
Take one sheet of spring roll sheet. I cut in small equal squares to make mini spring roll. Or you can use the whole sheet to make one regular size spring roll
For mini roll, I put one mini oysters with sprinkle of salt & black pepper, and some cheese in it and wrap. Glue the opening/closing spring roll wrap with egg white. Set aside.
For regular size roll, I put 3 mini oysters with salt & black pepper and double the cheese in it.
Deep fried until the wrap become golden brown.

Alternate way (better taste) - will do it next time in Canada
 Chopped onion in small pieces
Pan fry oysters with butter and chopped onion
Drain water and oil from oysters and onion.
Put dried oysters and onion and cheese onto spring roll sheet and wrap it.



No comments:

Post a Comment