Sunday 29 May 2016

Raindrop Cake (Mizu Shingen Mochi 水信玄餅)

One night a few months ago, my husband showed me a video of this fun little dessert. I watched the video and I found it is an easy dessert that I can make any time. Yesterday was my husband's birthday celebration party. I made him a Sashimi sushi cake as birthday cake. And I made Oreo Earl Grey ice cream sandwich and Iron Buddha Panna Cotta as dessert. Since it is a Bbq party, I don't have to cook anything. Sushi cake was made in early afternoon and the other two desserts were prepared a head of time. And it is still a few hours before the party starts, I decided to make this little fun dessert.


Recipe:
Ingredient:
1g (1/2 tsp) Agar Powder
1g (1/2 tsp) sugar
450ml water

Direction:
1. Mix everything together in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
2. Pour dissolved agar powder water to dome mold. It can make 6 domes.
3. Refrigerate until it settled.
4. Served with brown sugar syrup (I substitute it with Maple syrup because I don't have brown syrup at that moment) and Soy bean flour.



No comments:

Post a Comment