Sunday 1 May 2016

Jelly inside jelly (Coconut and mango) 芒果椰子啫喱

Tonight's dinner party, we have 10 adults and 11 kids. Beside making Iron Buddha Tea Panna Cotta dessert and Honey Lavender Ice cream, I am looking for something more kids friendly dessert. What I come to mind is Jelly, I guess jelly is all time favourite for both adults and kids. I originally thinking of making Milk Tea with coffee jelly cube. But my other panna cotta dessert already used tea (caffeine) ingredient, I better think of some ingredients that is not caffeine related. I searched over my kitchen and trying to find any ingredients for jelly recipe. I found a box of Mango Jello powder. Coconut and mango came in my mind and I found a can of coconut milk too. White and orange bring good colour contrast and taste are also good match.  I can save a trip to grocery store and I can made an extra dessert.


Ingredients:

(Mango Jelly)
1 packaged of Mango Jello
225ml hot water + 225ml cold water
1/2 tbsp Gelatin (1/2 envelop of gelatin)

(Coconut milk jelly)
300ml Coconut Milk
100ml Condensed Milk + 100ml Boiling water
1 tbsp Gelatin (1 envelop of Gelatin)

Directions:

(Mango Jelly)
1. Dissolved Mango jello powder and 1/2 tbsp Gelatin in 225ml boiling water.
2. Add 225ml of cold water. Mix well.
3. Coat container with oil and pour jelly mixture into container.
4. Put in refrigerator for 3 hours or until set.

(Coconut Jelly)
1. When Mango Jelly is set. Boil 100ml water in saucepan. Add 100ml condensed milk and stir until dissolved. Turn off heat
2. Sprinkle Gelatin in condensed milk and stir until all gelatin dissolved. 
3. Add 300 ml coconut milk. Mix well. Set aside until cool a bit.

Assemble:
1. Unmold Mango Jelly, and cut into cubic shape. Scattered into other greased Jelly pan.
2. Pour coconut jelly mixture to jelly pan with mango jelly cubes. 
3. Put in refrigerator for 3 hours or until set.
4. Unmold Jelly and cut into cubic shape. Serve Cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment