Sunday 28 April 2013

Mango Sago Sweet Soup 芒果西米露

Last night dinner gathering, my friend gave me two mangoes. What special about these mangoes? They were directly brought from Phillippine. Since her sister in law is flight crew, she always bring things back from other countries. The mangoes look greenish but they already riped! And they are so sweet and full of mango flavour that we cannot find anything close to it. What can I do with it in such a short time? Mango mousse or custard need to chill before serve. But I only have less than an hour to cook and serve. I decided to make this fast and easy dessert that my home already has the following ingredients:

(serve 8-10)
Mango 2
Sago 1 cup
Evaporated Milk 1 can
Milk 2 cups
Sugar syrup (optional—depend on sweetness of fruit)

Directions:
1. Boil water in saucepan. Cook sago in low heat for 15 mins. Stir occasionally. Drain with cold water. Set aside.
2. Mix evaporated milk and milk. Add Sago.
3. Add sugar syrup according to taste. (Since mangoes are sweet, my friends said no need to add extra sugar). It is really depend on the sweetness of your fruits.
4. Cut mango in small cubes.
5. Add mango cubes to sweet soup.
6. Serve cold.

You can always substitute mngo with other fruits like melon, watermelon etc. If you like coconut flavour, you can use coconut milk in this recipe too.

No comments:

Post a Comment