Monday 22 April 2013

楊枝甘露 Mango, pomelo and sago sweet soup/drink


Recently I bought a case of Mango and they are very sweet! Most of my friends are Mango fans, last week I made Mango parfait and it was a great hit! This week, I decided to make this Mango, pomelo and Sago sweet soup/drink. This is a Hong Kong style dessert that serves cold. It is a great summer dessert.

I tried to research the recipe online but they don't have a unique recipe that I think is good. Some recipes use whipping cream, some uses coconut milk. I nearly forgot the taste of it so I asked my husband. He has a good taste bud on food detail. He said it should has a mango ice cream taste in it. I believe the recipe that use whipping cream is close. Well, why not just buy a tub of ice cream and give it a try! I add and taste and record the amount of ingredients that I put to make this dessert. Here is the recipe I came up with! Enjoy!

Serve 12
200g Sago
200g Chinese Pomelo ~1/2 pomelo
1kg Mango meats ~6-8pcs of mango
1L milk
250g mango ice-cream
1 can evaporated milk (370ml)

Directions:
1 Boil a pot of water, pour sago into boiling water and stir. Once water reboiled, turn off heat, cover and wait for 15 mins.
2 When sago turns transparent, drain and run under cold water. Set aside.
3 Cut 500g Mango into cubes.
4 Use a blender, pour milk, remaining mango and mango ice-cream into blender and blend until all mixed.
5 Put in refrigerator until serve.
6 Add any amount of sago, pomelo and mango cubes that you like when serve. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment