Tuesday 12 February 2013

Tofu (Tofu fa) Pudding 豆腐花

When I looked into people's blogs and recipes, everyone said it is 100% successful and very easy to make. But let me tell you, this is the only dessert that make my really frustrated. I think I made it at least 4 times to be successful. I use different recipes with different containers. Finally, I found out I need to use more Gypsum Powder and a container that can store heat. I like to eat hot Tofu Fa. It is a good idea to use rice cooker to make this.


 Prepare and cook time: 45 mins.(Including waiting time)
(Serve 2-3)

Ingredients:
2 cups (500ml) Soya Milk 豆漿(unsweetened)
1 tsp Gypsum powder 熟石膏粉
1 tsp Corn Starch 生粉
100 ml soya milk豆漿


Directions:
Step 1: Pour 2 cups (500ml) of soya milk (sweetened or unsweetened) in a pot and bring to a boil.
先把豆漿倒在深鍋中,用中慢火煮到大滾

Step 2: Dissolve 1 teaspoon of Gypsum powder (熟石膏粉) and 1 teaspoons of corn starch with 100ml of soya milk.
煮豆漿期間,在100ml豆漿中放入石膏粉和一級生粉,拌勻

Step 3: Quickly pour all the boiled soya milk on one hand and pour the powder mixture on the other hand into the container at the same time slowly. Cover the pot with kitchen towel with lids and let it sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes without stirring it or touching it until the center of mixture is not runny.
 當豆漿大滾時,把預備好的石膏粉和生粉水倒進盛豆腐花的大碗中,切勿讓石膏粉沉底。倒完豆漿後,用一塊清潔布蓋面,然後蓋上碗蓋。等候30至45分鐘,讓豆漿凝結成為豆腐花

I use rice cooker to make it this time. It can keep it warm too. The photo on the right is making ginger brown sugar syrup.
Tofu Fa can be served with brown sugar or ginger brown sugar syrup. It can served hot or cold.
 用少許水把黑糖煮溶,淋入豆腐花中享用。


No comments:

Post a Comment