Wednesday 13 February 2013

盆菜 Chinese New Year Big Bowl Pot



Serves 25 people. Serve with heating over portable propane gas stove.
 
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! This year Chinese New Year (Year of Dragon). I made this for our CNY gathering party (正正年初一) ! I bought a really big pot (15" diameter) for this Big Bowl Pot! I put in 17 kinds of ingredients. Dried Mushroom, dried conches and dried scallop needed to be soak in water overnight 2 nights before (Fri night). Then I steamed them on Saturday. So that I can just put them to the pot on Sunday before the party dinner. For the dried scallop, you need to soak in water for a while and then pan fried them with wine, ginger and onion first. Then add chick soup to stew (炆) them with conches and black mosses for around half an hour.

Diagram for putting ingredients to the pot in layers.
When I cut the King Oyster Mushroom, I sliced it in very thin slice to try to look like abalone pieces. When I cook it, I put some abalone sauce to it and it looks like real abalone!! And tastes like abalone! But of course the texture is very different from a real one!
Soup base:
Before heating up on stove, pour soup to the pot and let it boil before serves.
Ingredients for the soup base: 柱候醬 Chu Hou Sauce,蚝油Oyster sauce,鹽Salt,雞湯Chicken broth,糖sugar,生抽Light soya sauce,老抽少許Dark soya sauce,花彫酒Cooking wine調配成盆菜汁. I use around 8 cups of chicken broth for this big pot. The measurements are really depend on how big the pot is. And you can adjust to taste.



Add caption

17 ingredients included:
Top layer:
油雞 Soya Chicken
燒肉 Roast Pork
海蝦 Shrimp
青口 Mussel
蠔豉 Dried oyster
鮑魚菇 (雞脾菇)King Oyster Mushroom
響螺  Dried Conches
瑤柱  Dried scallop


I put a seperator on the bottom of pot to prevent food burn/sticking

Middle layer:
發菜 Black Moss
雲耳  woodear Fungus
肉丸 Meat balls
炸豆腐 Deep Fried Tofu
冬菇 Dried Mushroom

Lower layer:
豬皮 Pig skin
炸枝竹 Deep Fried Tofu skin
蘿蔔 White Raddish
短紹菜 Veggies



No comments:

Post a Comment