Thursday 22 November 2012

Leftover Egg yolks: Baked Egg Custard Dessert

After I made the egg white cake for my friend's birthday. I had 9 egg yolks left. I decided to use the leftover yolks to make Egg Custard. This is my older's daughter and my favourite too! Egg custard is a bit different than creme brulee. It is just less cream than creme brulee and it serves without flaming extra sugar on top. This recipe is actually the recipe that I use for making portugese egg tart. I don't like pastry alot, but I love eating the egg custard instead.




Ingredients: Serves 6
Egg Yolks 9
Sugar 75g
Milk  270g
whipping cream 210g
Vanilla essence oil 6g

Directions:
  1. preheated oven to 300F degrees 
  2. Heat cream, milk and sugar in a sauce pan until it just heated up and all sugar dissolved (not boiled).
  3. While waiting for the cream, whisk together egg yolks and vanilla essence oil.
  4. When cream mixture is hot, pour it in the yolk mixture steadily while whisking continuously. Do not cook the yolk mixture.
  5. Strain and transfer to ramekins.
  6. Bake bain marie (pour hot water to cover half of the ramekinss) in preheated 300F degrees oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until center is just wiggly.
  7. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment