Monday 26 November 2012

Creamy Sweet Corn soup 香濃滑滑忌廉粟米湯

Birthday birthday birthday! My birthday is coming! I invited some friends over to have a birthday gathering dinner. Since it's my birthday celebration, I minimized my duty on cooking the dinner or making desserts. I only made this Creamy corn soup, mash potatoes and Caesar Salad. Heat up meat loaf, calamari, and spring roll. We ordered some sushi and my husband do some lamb chop, chicken steak and meat balls BBQ. At last my friends will buy me a birthday cake!! Actually they bought me 2 CAKES!!!!!
Thanks everyone! I feel blessed! Muah kiss kiss ~~



Ingredients:
  • 1kg bag of  frozen whole kernel corn (reserve 1/2 cup corn for later use)
  • 15 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • cloves garlic, minced
  • 5 cups chicken broth
  • 5 cups Vegetable broth
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • pinch of salt (adjusted to taste)
  • 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 can of crabmeat and some tiger prawn for additional flavour

Directions:
1 Saute bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until brown and crisp.
2 Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
3 Pour off all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat. In a 2 qt saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in hot cooking oil till onion is tender, not brown.
4 Carefully add chicken snd vegetable broth.
5 Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Add corns.
6 Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
7 Stir in whipping cream, salt, and white pepper.
8 Simmer, uncovered, for 10 min.
9 Watch carefully because it may foam and rise in pan.
10 Remove from heat; cool slightly.
11 Pour the cooled mixture into a blender container.
12 Cover and blend until smooth. ( Then I use a sieve to sift the soup for creamy and smoother serving- that's optional)
13 Return to same sauce pan.
14 Keep warm.
15 Add the fresh or canned crab meat; Add the bacon ; Add prawn; Add corn (1/2 cup reserved previously) as many as you want accordingly to your favour.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment