Tuesday 26 May 2020

Cheesecake (Mr.Cheesecake Recipe) with Mango Topping

During the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone of us has more time and opportunities to cook at home for our love ones. I, as usual, need to cook and now I need to cook more. Since that I spent most of my time cooking savoury food and have no time to make any dessert. We need social distancing since March 2019. We started our Stage 2 restart program in mid-May and we opened our house for small group gathering now. So it is time for me to start making some dessert for my guests. I found that Mr Cheesecake from Japan is quite popular now and I saw their Instagram photos, I like their soft creamy texture. I wish I can have a chance to taste it in future. I saw a video from Youtube showing how to bake this cheesecake step by step, so I learned from it. It turns out very good indeed. A bit sweet but I like the soft creamy texture and a hint of white chocolate taste. There are a few steps more than traditional cheesecake recipe, but it worths to try.

My friend gave me a box of Mango before the dinner gathering, I added some slices of Mango to the cake and it is delish.







Ingredients:
Cream Cheese 200g
Sugar 100g
Sour Cream 180g
Greek Yogurt 50g
Whipping cream 100g
White Chocolate 50g
Egg 2
Lemon Juice 9g
Vanilla 1/4 Pcs (I substitute with Vanilla extract (1/4tsp)
Corn flour 20g

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
1. Mix Cream Cheese and sugar in a bowl and heat over steaming water
2. In another bowl, use a spatula to mix sour cream and Greek yogurt
3. Add one egg at a time to step (2) mixture and whip with a hand blender. After mixing all the eggs in mixture, add lemon juice and corn flour to it. Mix well.
4. Heat whipping cream until seeing some vapour from the saucepan, turn in medium heat, add in white chocolate and stir until all white chocolate melts. Turn off heat and add vanilla extract.
5. Add mixture from step (4) to mixture from Step (1), mix with hand blender. 
6. Stir mixture from step (3) to mixture from Step (5) until smooth. Pour into cake pan using a sieve to make sure the battery has no lumps.
7. Place cake pan in deep baking pan fill with hot water (water bath)
8. Bake cake in over for 25 minutes in 350F(180C), then turn down heat to 300F (150C) continue to bake for another 20 mins.
9. Let cake cool down and put in fridge from at least 4 hours before serving.

Recipe source from: https://youtu.be/_4q_Rn7_JgQ





 

No comments:

Post a Comment