Wednesday 28 October 2015

Pumpkin Parfait

It's Fall and it is Canada's Thanksgiving. It's time to dig out some pumpkin recipes again. In tradition, I will make dessert using Pumpkin for our Thanksgiving party. This year, I chose to make this Pumpkin Parfait. We had near 40 guests in our Thanksgiving dinner party this year. Therefore, I use 2 oz shooter cup for each serving. So for the amount indicated in this recipe, I can make around 24+ cups. And of course, this is not the only dessert I made. I also prepared Chocolate Ganache Tart and Fruit Bouquet served with Chocolate Fondue. And these are more than enough serving and varieties for our guests. Happy Thanksgiving! I can feel God's blessings all over me day by day, year after year!



Ingredients overview
Ingredients
3 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix (not plain pumpkin)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
8 plastic cups (6 oz)
1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (I grind it into cookie powder)
I grind instead of crush the cookies
Directions
  1. In medium bowl, beat whipping cream and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form (thick, but cream still falls onto itself). Refrigerate.
  2. In large bowl, beat pumpkin pie mix and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add powdered sugar; beat until well combined. Taste for sweetness and if necessary, add more powdered sugar.
  3. Gently fold half of the whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.
  4. To assemble parfaits in plastic cups, layer crushed cookies, pumpkin mixture and plain whipped cream. I will like to put the pumpkin mixture and plain whipped cream in piping bags (See pic A) to pipe the layers into the cups. It will be faster and more even on each layers. To garnish, top each with whipped cream and half piece of cookie. Store in refrigerator.

Pic A

Recipe adapted from: Betty Crocker Website

No comments:

Post a Comment