Tuesday 14 October 2014

Piña Colada (Pineapple Coconut) Trifle 鳳梨椰子Trifle

My Mango Coconut Trifle was very popular in serving big size party. I originally planned to do this again during this Thanksgiving season. But in autumn, it is hard to find fresh mango. If I cannot find fresh mango, I will also choose to use frozen mango chunks. But I only prefer Mango Chunks imported from Philippine only. Others are not sweet enough and sometimes they are a bit sour. Unfortunately I cannot find the Philippine imported frozen Mango chunks in this short period of time. I decided to make Piña Colada Trifle My budget for my desserts are tight. So canned pineapple are very affordable fruits that I can choose from. And I also have some leftover cake left in my freezer. Therefore, this dessert only costs me a few bucks but it can feed many. 


INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
1 can pineapple chunks in juice
1 can pineapple in ring. (Cut half into semi circle.)
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 cups/750 mL) (Or you can whip 3 cups of whipping cream + 1/2 cup of icing sugar)
1 can of coconut milk
1 prepared angel food cake (Or any leftover cake)

DIRECTIONS:
1 Put coconut flakes in pan and heat in medium heat until brown. Then set aside to cool down.
2 Drain pineapple chunks over Small Batter Bowl using (7-in./18-cm) Strainer,
reserving juice.
3 Mix whipped topping with coconut milk in Mixing Bowl. 
4 Cut angel food cake into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes
5  Toss cake cubes with some pineapple juice
6 To assemble trifle, place half of the cake cubes over bottom of Trifle Bowl
7 . Spoon half of the coconut cream mixture over cake cubes. 
8. Place pineapple chunks over coconut cream. Please pineapple ring on side of bowl for decorations.
9. Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top of cream layer.
10. Repeat layers one time.
11. Since it is thanksgiving, I use some pumpkin shaped candies for decorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment