Thursday 23 January 2014

Thumbprints Cookies 拇指曲奇

During the last Christmas season, my friend Christine bought me a jar of Red Wine jelly from Christmas market as my birthday present. She said I can use it for my baking. I want to make something that I can share with her and other friends. Therefore, I made Thumbprints Cookies with assorted Jam and Jelly on it. And I can share with her and friends during our fellowship. 



Ingredients: 2 dozen cookies
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vailla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup assorted fruit jams

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper or use silicon mat.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt
  3. In a stand mixer (or hand mixer), cream butter and sugar at medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract, and mix until combined
  4. Reduce speed to low and gradually incorporate the flour and salt, mixing only until just incorporated.
  5. Roll the dough into 3/4 inch balls. Press your thumb into the center of each, making a depression large enough to fit 1 tsp of filling. Place the cookies on cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes
  6. Remove cookies from oven. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of jam into the center of each cookie, then return cookies to the oven for 4-5 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Cool sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes before using a metal spatula to move cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.

I used Strawberry and apricot jam as well as Red Wine jelly to put on cookies.
Storage:
These cookies will keep for up to 3 weeks refrigerated in an airtight container, or frozen for up to 2 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment