Sunday 24 November 2013

Hulk / Iron man / Cpt. America / Thor Lego Cake 復仇者聯盟樂高蛋糕

It was a very busy week to make a cake for my younger daughter's classmate Aiden's birthday. This week, my husband had business trip and I had to take care of kids and had to do everything by myself. First, need to drive them to piano class and swimming class. Then there was Chinese class exam for my 2 daughters on Wednesday. Thirdly, there was Pro-d day and a playdate was arranged at my house on Friday. Lastly, I need to drive them to fellowship on Friday's night. 8 inch 3D cake along with 48 cupcakes with topper due on Saturday. I was totally............

But thanks God for giving me strength everyday. I started my day with TWA (time with Abba) and prayer. God gave me strength and power all day long!
Aiden likes Lego Thor, Hulk, Cpt. America and Ironman. And the cake's theme has ti be in Lego Superhero theme. 

I only have  2-3 hours everyday to work on the cake. I did the four figures first. Then I made Lego fondant blocks. The cake is a 8 inch 3 layers chocolate cake. I use basic buttercream for frosting. I cover the cake with white fondant as base. Then add red, yellow, green and blue fondants on top of the white fondant. I cover the cake bottom rim with fondant lego blocks. 


 
You can see I make the body and feet of the character first. Second I
is the head. Then its hair. Lastly is the arm and hand by using different tools as you see in the pictures.


To make the lego block. I cut the lego using a piping tip. For the cake, I first cover the cake with white fondant. Then apply different color fondant on top of white fondant. 

Chocolate Cake base recipe:
Chocolate Cake (7" round pan)
(I double to recipe to make 2x 8" round cake base)

Ingredients



80g cake flour
2g baking soda
24g cocoa powder
1g salt

80g  sugar
6 Egg yolk
20g milk
40g vegetable oil

6 Egg white


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk Egg white until stiff peak
3.
Sift Cake flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt and mix together. Set aside.
4.
(B) Cream Egg yolk and sugar until puffy creamy white color.
5.
Add half the flour mix and mixed then add half the milk (10g) and mixed until combine.
6.
Add the remaining half flour mix and mixed until combine. Add the remaining half of the milk and then mix until combine and form a batter.
7. Fold in half the egg white to the batter. Gently fold until well combined. Add in the remaining egg white and fold. Finally
add in oil and gently fold until mix. Do not over fold.
8. Pour batter to lined square pan. Tab the pan to let some air from batter to come out.
9. Place pan in oven and bake for 30 mins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment