Sunday 21 July 2013

桂花杞子大菜糕(Osmanthus Goji Berry) /柚子蜜(Honey Citron)大菜糕 Agar agar jelly

I want to try this dessert long time ago. I know there is Agar agar powder for sale. But I always want to use the natural Agar agar to make the dessert. This is the first time I saw and bought natural Agar agar. I also found 桂花糖as well. I decided to make 桂花杞子大菜糕和柚子蜜大菜two kind of flavors. The agar agar that I bought is 30g and it can make 10-13 cups of jellies (the amount is adjust to the texture you like to have) . It is quite a lot. I decided to make 2 flavors.

  Ingredient:
Agar agar 30g
Water 10 cups (adjustable to your prefer texture)
Sugar 300g
桂花糖 (Osmanthus sugar) 2Tbsp &杞子(Goji Berry-Lycium Barbarum or Wolfberry) 2Tbsp
柚子蜜 Honey Citron Tea 3Tbsp


Directions
  1.  Soak agar agar in cold water for 15 mintues. Soak 杞子 in hot water until soft.
  2. Boil 10 cups of water (you can add more water if you want more jello texture)
  3. Drain water and take agar agar out.
  4. Add sugar (according to taste) and agar agar to boiling water.
  5. Boil until all dissolved in water. 
  6. If you make two flavours, divided water to two equal parts.
  7. Keep one portion in pot and keep boiling. Add 桂花糖. Stir until all dissolved.
  8. Add 柚子蜜 to the other portion. Stir until all dissolved.
  9. Prepare pan or mould.
  10. For 桂花杞子大菜糕, Pour mixture to mould and add soaked 杞子.
  11. For 柚子蜜大菜糕, just pour the mixture to mould.
  12. Refrigerate it and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment