Thursday 30 May 2013

Vanilla Chai custard pudding 印度香料奶凍蛋布丁

My husband always wants me to make him the Milk Pudding again and again. But I don't like to repeat making the same dessert many times. And I told my husband that I can make him milk pudding but I will add new flavour to it. He said OK. Deal!

I use the same recipe that I use for making milk pudding for swiss roll with milk pudding cake that I made before ( http://winniemsfong.blogspot.com/2013/05/painted-swiss-roll-with-milk-pudding_22.html ).

And of course I made some adjustment by adding Chai flavour to it!


For Chai lovers:



Ingredients:
(Can make 500ml pudding batter, serving depend on the size of serving cups you use)
A gelatine 3tsp and water 3tbsp
B 100g milk and 2 vanilla chai tea bags
C 2 egg yolk and milk 100g+ sugar 15g
D whipping cream 200g + maple syrup (or honey) 30g + vanilla essence 1 tsp

Directions:
  1. (Ing. A) Sprinkle 3tsp gelatine over the 3tbsp water in a heat proved bowl for 5 minutes.
  2. Use double boiler and place gelatine water over hot water bath until all gelatine melted and dissolved
  3. (Ing. B) Use a small saucepan, combine 100g milk with 2 Chai tea bags. Bring it to a boil and turn off the heat. Infuse for a couple of minutes. Take the tea bags out. Stir until dissolved.
  4. (Ing. C) Combine egg yolk, 15g sugar and milk in small saucepan. Heat with medium heat. Keep whisking until the milk start boiling. Turn off heat immediately. Add (Ing. B) and pour (Ing. A) dissolved gelatine into egg mixture. Mix well.
  5. (Ing.D) Mix whipping cream, maple syrup and vanilla essence. Then pour Egg and gelatine mixture to whipping cream mixture and keep whisking until well combined.
  6. Pour it into plastic cups (those that you use for parties would do) and chill it in the fridge until set. Generally, overnight is the best since that will make sure your gelatine will not set/gel any further.
  7. In picture, I sprinkled some chopped pistachio and place chives for decoration. Served cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment