Sunday 15 October 2017

Chocolate Orange Walnut Streusel (橙朱古力核桃 Streusel)




Orange and Chocolate are always my favourite combo in making dessert. Jacobs Orange Chocolate is my all time favourite chocolate since I was a kid. In Fall season, my dessert theme is always around ingredients of pumpkin or something in orange colour. I already made a pumpkin tiramisu for my Thanksgiving dinner, therefore, I will think of something else in Orange. First thing pop up in my mind is Orange, then Chocolate comes next. And I start looking for a dessert that I can make ahead and serve warm during party. Here I found this recipe and it seems more people choose it more than the pumpkin tiramisu (since some of my friends don't like pumpkin or cinnamon). And I omit the cinnamon in this recipe because not many people like it. And this dessert is consumed in a blink of an eye.

Here is the recipe: (Recipe adapted from aashpazi.com)

Ingredients: (About 45 one bite size serving)

3 Cup All-Purpose Flour 3.5 oz (156g) Unsalted Butter 2.5 oz (70g) Unsalted Butter 1 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt 3/4 Cup Sugar 1 Cup Brown Sugar 3 Large Eggs 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts Orange Zest (1/2 Orange) + (1/2 orange zest saved for garnishing) 1/4 Cup Orange Juice 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder 1 Tbsp Cinnamon Powder (I omit this as some of my friends don't like cinnamon) 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Few drops of Orange food colour (Optional)

Directions:

BATTER:

1- Whisk 5.5 oz (156g) unsalted butter, 3/4 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and orange zest together. 2- In a separate container, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. 3- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually (in 3 addition). Whisk in plain yogurt and orange juice in between.

TOPPING:

4- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon powder, and 2.5 oz (70g) butter in a large bowl. Mashing the ingredient together. 5- Stir in dark chocolate chips and walnuts. 6- Grease a bakeware with butter and sprinkle flour over the surface. 7- Transfer the batter to the bakeware. 8- Top with layer of the topping.


9- Preheat oven to 350º F (177º C), bake the streusel for 35 minutes. 10- Lightly cover the bakeware with aluminum foil and continue baking for 35 more minutes. 11- Turn of the heat and let sit for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment