Saturday 25 August 2012

Black Sesame Egg white cake with black sesame mousse 黑芝蔴幕士蛋白蛋糕

This is a cake made for my friend's birthday. She wants a black sesame cake with a romantic theme. So I made her a black sesame cake with black sesame mousse layer flower cake. I can say I am not a romantic person and also I am not a flower lover. But I challenged myself here. I think flower is a romantic thing for girls so I will challenged myself on make Buttercream flower decoration on a black sesame cake!



Black sesame cake with a layer of black sesame mousse in the middle. Hard to show on the photo because it is all black!

This is the first time I pipe a buttercream flower. Need more practices!I give myself only a pass on this project!

I orignally created a multicolour flowers theme for this cake. But my husband said they are not match at all and look bad actually. So I finally changed to only 2 colours tone. Colour match but not enough flowers :S Don't have extra time to make extra flowers.

RECIPE FOR CAKE


Black Sesame Eggwhite Cake

Ingredients:
120 gm. milk
65 gm. corn oil
40 gm. Black Sesame powder
1/8 tsp. salt

65 gm. egg white
170 gm. cake flour - sifted

300 gm. egg white
130 gm. sugar (I only put 100g, still sweet for me)
Method:
(1) Mix milk and corn oil together, add in cake flour and black sesame powder. Add in 65 gm. egg white and Mix well.
(2) Whisk 300 gm. egg white with sugar till fluffy and then fold into the milk batter.
(3) Pour into 2  8" lined square tray and bake at 180C (350F) for about 30mins.
(4) Take cake out and cool down before assemble with mousse layer.

Black Sesame Mousse

Ingredients:

100ml Milk
2 1/4 tsp Gelatine powder
1.5 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Sugar or icing sugar
20g Black sesame powder
160 ml whipping cream
Method:
1 Soak gelatine powder with water for 5 minutes and heat it over a hot water bath.
2 Add sugar and black sesame paste to the milk, stir well until sugar dissolved then slowly pour in gelatine (cool down gelatine a little if it is still hot), stir well again.
3 Whip up fresh topping cream to soft peak form and mix into the black sesame mixture.

TO ASSEMBLE CAKE AND MOUSSE DIRECTIONS:


  •  Place the first layer of cake at the bottom with a square cake ring. Pour the mousse onto the cake and spread the mousse evenly with a palette knife
  • Place the second layer of the cake onto the mousse.
  • Chill the cake for at least 4 hours or till overnight
  • Take a sharp knife and run it around the edge of the cake to loosen the cake from the cake ring and trim sides of cake.
  • Decorate

Buttercream flower

Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. In a bowl combine butter, sugar and salt. Beat till blended.
  2. Add the milk and vanilla and beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. If too thin to pipe, add more powder sugar. If too thick, add more milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment