Sunday 22 April 2012

3D Lego and Baby Block Cake and cookie

April 21,2012. We are having a baby shower for my friends John and Charlene. Beside Chilli Beef Sausage Pasta that I will make for the potluck party. I will also make a cake and baby shower cookie for my dear friends too. I did some research on the idea for baby shower cake. And I want to make it fun! ("⌒∇⌒")

Cake base is chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. For the blocks, I decided to use rice krispies. It makes a better cupid shape then using cake itself! So friends can choose to eat cake and/or rice krispies at the same time! ♡^▽^♡

I made the rice krispies and the marshmallow fondant a night before. Then I use about 6 more hours on baking cakes and cookies. And apply fondant and icing.  ⊙︿⊙

Applying fondant to Rice Krispies square step by step
1. Rice krispies cut in cupid shape
2. Apply Vanilla frosting to the surface
3. Put fondant
4. More fondant for numbers and borders
Applying fondant to cake and to assemble cake
1. Prepare Chocolate Cake base
2. Apply Vanilla frosting on surface
3. Use circle cookie cutter to cut the Rice Krispies to knob shape
4. Apply Vailla frosting to Rice Krispies
5. Put fondant on both Rice Krispies and Cake
6. Assemble all together
Varieties of baby shower cookies! Use Fondant and royal icing for decorations.

Recipe for Royal Icing:
2 Cups Icing Sugar
2 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 Large Egg White
Whisk them all together
Remember to cover icing by plastic wrap all the time to prevent harden.

For recipe of fondant, please refer to my 3D Igloo cake page.

No comments:

Post a Comment