Thursday 9 February 2012

2 3D cakes will be make this weekend!

First time ever to make 3D cake! February is Nicole's birthday month with Valentine's day in it! Cake cake cake! First time having a big birthday party for Nicole (not sure will that be the last??), invited all her classmates to have a birthday party to play with an hour of Gymnastics at Wayland Sports! This party is joint party with my primary school friend Louisa. Her son also has a birthday in Feb and he is at the same class as Nicole. Why not having fun together and making a birthday party with 2 birthday cakes!! His aunt will make him a cake and of course I will make one for Nicole. Since birthday party is a bit early than her real birthday day. Therefore, I will make 2 cakes for Nicole. One for the party and one for her real birthday day! She always want a princess cake. Yes I will make a 3D princess cake after one of my friend's encouragement. For the party, I will make another 3D cake. The theme for the party is Club Penguins. Therefore I did some research on computer for cake's idea. Nicole saw that and she chose an igloo cake. OK, I will make an 3D igloo cake with some Club Penguin models on it!

Recipe research started! Recipe for fondant and gum paste! I feel uncomfortable with the ingredients for those instant one out there! I decided to make my own. I chose to make Marshmallow Fondant (which is quite easy and cheap to make) and Modelling Sugar Paste for decorations.

Let's see how my cake goes! Hope it will be success. After the Igloo cake, I will make a Kamen Rider Fourze 3D cake for V day weekend party! Ivan, my husband, wants me to make that. Originally I want to make that for his birthday this year, but he wants to try now, so I will make it for V day. Then i will need to think of another one for his birthday in May then...........

No comments:

Post a Comment